nothing but tangents
Attention Internet: Really bad mood has passed. Might be a lot of bunnies and flowers and sappy love stories for a bit. Please forgive. Still trying to retrieve edge.
We had a great weekend. Not great in the got lots of sun and laying on the beach kind of way, as it seems we left the gorgeous weather up here, but great in the consumed large quantities of alcohol with old friends, told bad jokes, and watched lots of horror movies kind of way. Also good in the spontaneous dragging of boyfriend off to bedroom kind of way. And in the eating of cold leftover pizza with really overpriced coffee for breakfast kind of way. Plus in the no weekend can be bad when you wear the same green miniskirt and black tank top all weekend and nobody complains kind of way.
Other non-sequential details from the weekend:
- I’ve decided not to be in a bad mood anymore. Really. I believe in balance, and well, my bad moods have been out-weighing the sunshine-y ones, and frankly, they need to ante up.
- As soon as I figure out how to make it look exactly the way I want it to look, I’ve decided to create a miscellany page for those who are interested: books I’m reading, movies I’m watching, restaurants I’m sampling, products I’m obsessing over… essentially, the whole me-me-me thing raised to a new and unwieldy degree.
- I’ve decided that I must ghost write an autobiography for my friend Dave which I insist we name ‘This Fag’s Life’. I came to this decision after he left a message for our friend Andy while we were driving back to NYC yesterday that ‘I haven’t heard from you in a week. You’d better be in rehab, or on a bender with strippers, or else I’m really mad at you.’ Such expressions need to go in the annals.
- I might be getting a digital camera for my birthday. I am indescribably excited about this; as well you should be too, because I’ve got a mean eye for details and an acknowledged tendency to over-share.
- I’m thinking about going back to school for something not entirely related or unrelated to cupcakes.
- I played with a dog so cute all weekend that I am back to wanting to bear puppies, not rugrats. Yes, that’s Alex’s sigh of relief you can hear all the way through your computer screen. Plus mine, as I sort of dig my girlish figure.
Real post to follow, as soon as I remember how to write again.
Writing? What's that?
oh me TOOOOOO:
"As soon as I figure out how to make it look exactly the way I want it to look, I’ve decided to create a miscellany page for those who are interested: books I’m reading, movies I’m watching, restaurants I’m sampling, products I’m obsessing over… essentially, the whole me-me-me thing raised to a new and unwieldy degree."
I am the biggest product whore on the planet--but I guess my blog is already a what I am watching and where I am eating blog
Wait a minute here... a dog cuter than... mine?!! What?!! Where? No such thing... it was a bad mood mirage. *lol*
MORE bunnies and flowers and sappy love stories? Please. My doctor wants me to LOWER my triglyceride levels. Please help him.
You said "annals".
*dreamy sigh* isn't she lovely? color ME smitten. heh.